Failed to Connect

Options
Ryan Gray
Ryan Gray
Community Member

Rather new at using this so please bear with this novice. This morning 1Password4 asked to update and ever since it won't connect. I'm on Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 and 1Password has worked fine until now. Getting the following error msg:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini
Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.

Anyone encounter this and, if so, what's the fix? I fear that trying to reinstall will hose all my existing login info.1Password is backed up to m iCloud to tie my work computer and home computer together. But don't know where I can access this "copy". Don't want to start over - that would really suck.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ryan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Don't worry, we certainly shouldn't have to start over here. Try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Does this help get things back on track?

• Ryan Gray
    Ryan Gray
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, after the S.P.O.D. (spinning ball of death) goes away I go to the 1Password Menu holding down Control the Quit 1Password and 1Password Mini selection is greyed out. :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ryan,

I'm so sorry to hear that this trick didn't work. Let's take a closer look. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.