Starting with 1Password iPhone app

Options
JackieK
JackieK
Community Member

I have an iPhone 5, running iOS 7, have the latest versions of 1Password for both my computer and this phone. My original startup screen on the iPhone never began with the Welcome screen and I've never been asked to choose an Access code. I seem to be unable to truly activate the app, as in using its browser. I don't know where to begin, although I'd like to delete it and download it once again to see if that works, but I don't want to pay a 2nd time. Any suggestions to getting started?

Comments

• Tandom
    Tandom
    Community Member
    Options

If you've purchased 1password through the app store then you won't need to buy it again even if you delete it. .
    Launch the app store > tap on "updates" in the bottom right. > tap on "purchased" at the top. You can now search for 1 password in the list. Once you find it then tap on the "cloud with the down arrow" to re-download it (free of charge)

Also you can go ahead to the app store before you delete it to see proof that it has been purchased already by following the same directions above.

If you can open the app then look in settings there's a help file that includes a quick tour and user's guide.

Hope that helps some.

• Tandom
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackieK‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting started with 1Password 4 for iOS. As @Tandom‌ says above, you should be able to find 1Password in the Purchases section of the App Store to re-download if necessary.

I'm curious about what you're seeing in the iOS app though: are you able to open it without a passcode? Or is the app simply not opening for you at all?

One further question: what are you using to sync your data between your computer and your iOS device? The more we know about your situation here, the more quickly we'll be able to sort things out! :)

This discussion has been closed.