1Password Mini not showing all items [resolved; "Never Display in Browsers" Display option was set]

Options
shesmer
shesmer
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I noticed a really annoying problem with 1Password mini and I don't know how to fix this. I have 1Password since Version 3 and I upgraded to 1Password 4 a while ago. Since then, when I was searching for certain items in the mini view I was not finding all items. The username/password fill still works within the browser, but when I try to explicitly search for it in mini, it is not showing up.

I finally figured out the difference. It is only happening for old 1Password 3 login entries. If I recreate the login entry with 1Password 4 then the mini search will find it again. It sounds like the 1Password Mini isn't able to handle the old style login entries.

The search works fine (including old items) in the 1Password App, it just doesn't work in 1Password Mini.

Can this be fixed or can I do something else to avoid this bug ?

Stephan

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stephan ( @shesmer)… with a new avatar. :)

Please check and let me know if the items not appearing in 1Password mini have their Display option set to Never Display in Browsers. This KB article has more details:

My Account > Login items are not showing up in 1Password mini

Thanks!

• shesmer
    shesmer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That was it. Though I wonder how that ever got to be in there. I have 28 items and I will change them by hand now.

This post can be closed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that helped resolve your problem, Stephan ( @shesmer ).

After my 1Password 3 to 4 migration I had some items with Never Display in Browsers unexpectedly enabled, too.

At your request, this topic is now closed. :)

This discussion has been closed.