Adding New Login???

Options
royofsf
royofsf
Community Member

Is the only way to add a new login to do it manually? I thought that if I signed into a website from within the 1Password browser on my iPad that 1Password would see this and create a new login. But I was wrong; that did not happen.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The process you are describing works in the desktop version of 1Password, but Apple's sand boxing restrictions precluded the kind of communication among applications that would be required to do so in iOS. In this case, 1Password would need access to Mobile Safari, which it can't have. Likewise, the browser extension that make the desktop versions work aren't allowed in iOS. Sadly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @royofsf,

Thanks so much for the feedback here! Unfortunately, at this time 1Password's in-app browser is not quite as smart as the desktop's browser extensions ... yet. If you are browsing in 1Browser and come across a site that you need to create a Login for, try this:

• Copy the URL of the site
    • Switch from 1Browser to the 'vault view'
    • Tap the '+' icon when in the Categories or Logins tab to add a new Login
    • Paste in the site's URL (you may want to update this later so it is the site's sign-in page instead of the create account page, if different)
    • Enter a unique title for the entry
    • Type in your username
    • Generate a password
    • Save the entry and tap to copy the generated password
    • Switch back to 1Browser
    • Paste your newly generated password into the appropriate fields and save your account details on the site.

Now, our developers are looking into ways to make this process easier for iOS users, and I'm happy to add a vote for you in the existing request in our issue tracker. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @royofsf,

Thanks so much for the feedback here! Unfortunately, at this time 1Password's in-app browser is not quite as smart as the desktop's browser extensions ... yet. If you are browsing in 1Browser and come across a site that you need to create a Login for, try this:

• Copy the URL of the site
    • Switch from 1Browser to the 'vault view'
    • Tap the '+' icon when in the Categories or Logins tab to add a new Login
    • Paste in the site's URL (you may want to update this later so it is the site's sign-in page instead of the create account page, if different)
    • Enter a unique title for the entry
    • Type in your username
    • Generate a password
    • Save the entry and tap to copy the generated password
    • Switch back to 1Browser
    • Paste your newly generated password into the appropriate fields and save your account details on the site.

Now, our developers are looking into ways to make this process easier for iOS users, and I'm happy to add a vote for you in the existing request in our issue tracker. :)

This discussion has been closed.