Clip tray Security Issue

Options
eagle
eagle
Community Member

I noted that there is a security issue on LG Devices (e.g G2, Gpad). Lg uses a modified clipboard called clip tray which is not cleared, even after a restart of the Device.
For me it is a big security issue and a great inconvenience to clear the clipboard manually after every time i used a password.

Comments

• mverde
    Options

I'm very glad to tell you that we added the option to automatically clear the clipboard after a certain time interval in beta 17. To enable automatic clipboard clearing, go to Settings > Security > Automatically clear clipboard and tap on the the time interval that you would like. I hope that this helps!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I have a G2 and the clipboard is correctly cleared after the specified period.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for confirming that @RichardPayne‌!

• jackal22
    jackal22
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I have the G2, I changed the setting->security-> to automatically clear clipboard after 1 min but it doesn't work with clip tray. Please fix this soemehow there is huge securty risk. 1Password version 4.0.1

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

@jackal22: Thank you for confirming you're experiencing this too. I'm going to add this to our bug tracker so our development team can look into fixing it.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Android device? It will provide us with more information about your device hardware and OS environment. To create a diagnostics report on your Android device, please follow these instructions:

1. Open 1Password on Android
    2. Perform sync by tapping on the sync icon in the navigation bar
    3. Once sync completes, go into Settings > Advanced > Email Diagnostics. You should now see a new screen with your generated report
    4. Choose "Send Mail" to send us the diagnostic report. Please ensure a file is attached when you see the compose window in your email application.
    5. Send email.

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. Thanks in advance!

• jackal22
    jackal22
    Community Member
    Options

Done! Although I sent it twice because in my 1st email I failed to attach the diagnostic report, sorry for that!

• saad
    Options

No problem. Thank you so much!

• conradj
    conradj
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that 1Password doesn't clear the Clip Tray for me either. Might be worth telling your dev team that the Clip Tray is an LG specific function which stores clipboard history.

• conradj
    conradj
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that 1Password doesn't clear the Clip Tray for me either. Might be worth telling your dev team that the Clip Tray is an LG specific function which stores clipboard history.

• Thank you for sharing your feedback @conradj‌! I'll pass that on to our team here.

• kape
    kape
    Community Member
    Options

I'm looking for a password manager at the moment and I'm very happy to be able to try your nearly perfect product for some days now. Unfortunately, I have to confirm this security issue with the LG Clip Tray (as mentionned before, it is installed on LG devices, as far as I know it cannot be disabled and it allows to keep multiple things in some kind of cache). I'm running your latest Android app on a LG G3 with Android 5.0 and I was very surprised to find the copied passwords in this Clip Tray even after restarting the device. I know it's probably not your fault, but it would be nice if you could address this issue - if possible - as it's kind of a dealbreaker. Otherwise, a word of warning should be stated somewhere visible to LG users so they don't feel too safe after turning on this clipboard-deleting-feature, which is not properly working on LG devices.

• Hey @kape! I'll go ahead and pass your feedback along to the devs as well. Thanks for getting in touch. :)

• enda99
    enda99
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Guys,
    I know I'm a bit late to this but is there a fix for the LG G pad 7 tablet? I went into security but don't see anything you guys are describing? I can't disable the clip tray or auto delete it?

Thanks,
    Enda

• saad
    Options

Hi @enda99. Clipboard managers like LG's clip tray extend the functionalities of the system clipboard by storing the values themselves. So every time an item is copied to your system clipboard, the clipboard manager is notified and they store the new copied value. Unfortunately, when 1Password clears your system clipboard with a blank value, the clipboard manager does not clear what was previously copied. :( Because of this, you will need to manually clear the history in your clipboard manager every time you copy something to your clipboard.

I would also recommend checking out our filling keyboard that allows you to fill login information without the use of the clipboard. You can learn more about filling in 1Password in our guides.

This discussion has been closed.