Master password bypass on trusted computer?

Options
344kellogg
344kellogg
Community Member

I typically reboot my computer every morning. Although it's not the end of the world having to re-enter my 1Password password in either the Chrome extension or the app itself, I'd like to be able to boot up my computer and not have to re-enter the master password every time. Is there a way to bypass this and always have it unlocked? Thanks.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @344kellogg,

You always need to enter your master password after a restart. This is intended behaviour in 1Password 4, and there is no option to change that.

1Password 3.8 had a special option that allowed you to store the master password in the OS X keychain. We removed this option in 1Password 3.9 (Mac App Store version) for several reasons. The most important one was that people who store the master password in the OS X keychain tend to forget it because they are never forced to type it. Forgetting the master password is the same as losing all 1Password data. In addition, for security reasons, we like to stay away from storing your master password anywhere, such as the OS X keychain.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.