dcu.org just rolled out a security update and 1Password doesn't work

aghalloran
aghalloran
Community Member

My bank (Digital Federal Credit Union - dcu.org) just rolled out a security update and auto-login using 1Password doesn't work anymore. I can login if I copy/paste passwords, but not if I click on the key icon on the browser window.

Here are the data points:
-MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.2
-Reproduced on Firefox 28.0 and Safari 7.0.3
-1Password 4.4 (440001)

I searched through the forums and found a couple of old posts from years ago. Looks like this isnt the first time you've had to fix something for this site. Thanks for being responsive. I love using 1Password!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

A trick that seems to work often is fill in your username and password using copy and paste, click on the key, then the icon just to the right of the search field and select Save new Login. Confirm this new login works and then you can delete the old one. I found this advice on the forums and used it successfully on a couple of sites that didn't behave as expected. It seems to allow 1Password to correctly save the web form details required if they've changed.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014

Hi @aghalloran,

Like mentioned above, please try saving a new login manually for that site:

Saving a new Login manually

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member

@aghalloran‌ You'll be pleased to know that 1Password does still work with DCU. As suggested, you may need to re-save your Logins item. I don't remember doing that myself, but since I did have to change the password for the site due to their changes (hurray!) I can't be sure that I didn't change anything other than the password value.

If you end up still having trouble with your DCU item just speak up: I can provide you with a template from my working item if necessary to get you back on track again.

• MikeT
    edited May 2014

Hi @aghalloran,

Have you been able to get the Login to work on DCU with the help of JasperP and MartyS here?

This discussion has been closed.