Installation Issue

Options
KarlasKreations
KarlasKreations
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for years. We bought a family license we love it so much. My issue is, I had to reinstall 1Password on my iPad mini due to a problem with my iPad. I uninstalled it, restarted my iPad, then went to the Apple App Store and selected to install it from "my purchases." Herein lies the issue. I am not given the option to login. The first and only screen I see is create a new database or sync with an existing one. I selected sync with an existing one, but it is asking me to enter a key into my Mac. I have a MacBook Pro, but I am unable to enter the key anywhere there.

I have never had this issue before. Normally, I can just state I have an existing account and log in (like the 1Password manual states you should do). How do I get to the login screen and login? I am lost without having my 1Password on my iPad. HELP!

Thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @KarlasKreations,

Once you've selected that you're an existing user, you must chose the correct sync option to find your data:

Where do you sync your data? iCloud or Dropbox? Or, do you use Wi-Fi sync from your Mac?

I have never had this issue before. Normally, I can just state I have an existing account and log in

1Password is an app, not a service. You don't have an "account" with us, and we don't store your data.

• KarlasKreations
    KarlasKreations
    Community Member
    Options

As I explained, I don't get the screen that shows where I can start a new account or login to an existing account. If I could sign in, I wouldn't have a problem. I sync my string in Dropbox. I don't ever use wifi sync to my Mac since my string is stored in dropbox.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @KarlasKreations,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble getting 1Password setup.

Please fully quit 1Password, then re-open it. When you open 1Password, you should see the Welcome to 1Password screen (pictured below on the left). Tap I've used 1Password before. That will take you to the second screen, where you should tap Sync using Dropbox. You will then be taken to the Dropbox login screen, or the Dropbox app if it is installed.

If this is not what you are seeing, please let me know exactly what is occurring. A screenshot would be helpful.

• KarlasKreations
    KarlasKreations
    Community Member
    Options

I had to wait until I got home to answer you because I couldn't send you a screen shot from my iPad. As you can see by the screen shot, I don't get any of the options you are describing. Like I said, I have used 1Password on several devices throughout the years and I know what I am "supposed" to see, but that is NOT what I actually see. Now what?

• KarlasKreations
    KarlasKreations
    Community Member
    Options

As you can see by the picture, it is not even proportioned correctly on my screen. You can't tell what it wants you to do.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KarlasKreations‌

Thanks so much for providing that screenshot! It looks like you're still using 1Password 3. Unfortunately, the issue you are seeing is the result of a recent change that Dropbox made to their API. We've written a blog post that should answer most of your questions here: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

But, the basic gist of things is this: due to these changes, 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox. Our new version is 1Password 4 for iOS has been built to work with Dropbox's latest and greatest sync technology. 1Password 4 for iOS has been for sale in the iTunes store since December, as a separate purchase from version 3 (the "old" and still supported version).  We did this because it's basically an entirely new application, built bigger, better, faster, and stronger.  It is also a universal app now, meaning you only require one purchase for all your iDevices associated with your Apple ID, using iOS 6 or greater. If the iOS device(s) you want to run 1Password on are running iOS 6+, the best solution is to move to 1Password 4 for iOS.

You can check out 1Password 4 for iOS in the App Store:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

Once installed, just open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap that you have used 1Password before, then tap Sync with Dropbox.

If you just need a way to backup your data to a Mac or PC for safe keeping, 1Password 3 for iOS has a nifty Backup & Restore option. 1Password can create an encrypted backup of your data file, and you can use a browser on a Mac or PC to copy that file to a place for safe keeping. Here’s our guide to get started with that:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

• KarlasKreations
    KarlasKreations
    Community Member
    Options

How do I get it without paying for it again? We just purchased the family version. I don't want to pay twice.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @KarlasKreations‌,

Did you purchase 1Password for Mac? 1Password licenses are sold per-platform, which means that you'll need to buy 1Password for each operating system that you want to use it on. Since Apple provides no way to bundle apps on the App Store and Mac App Store, 1Password for iOS is necessarily a separate purchase from 1Password for Mac.

If you'd like to purchase 1Password 4 for iOS, you can do so on the App Store: http://j.mp/1PasCS

This discussion has been closed.