How to install 1Password 4 on iPod Touch (Dropbox sync)?

Options
hearncl
hearncl
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

I use Dropbox sync with 1Password 4. After installing the iOS app on an iPod Touch, I need to specify Dropbox sync in the iP Settings. But the Settings are not available until actually running 1Password. To enable opening the app on the iPod for the first time, I used iTunes to copy the 1Password.agilekeychain file from my Dropbox folder to 1Password as listed in the "Apps" section of iTunes. I thought this would make my 1Password Master Password available for opening the app.

However, the 1Password app will not accept my Master Password, so I'm stuck with not being able to run it on the iPod. How do I install 1Password and run it (and thus access its Settings), if not as described above?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

1Password for iOS will automatically help you find your data on Dropbox when you first open it, if you have been using Dropbox already with 1Passowrd 4. There is no need for you to move data anyplace.

If you can't open your current installation of 1Password on your touch, delete the entire app, restart your touch, download a fresh copy, and then follow the prompts I outline below. You won't be asked for your master password until your have found your agilekeychain on Dropbox and elected it to use. After that, you will use that same password on your iDevice to open 1Password.

When you open it, you will be given two options. One is that you have never used 1Password and the other is that you have used it. Pick the latter and on the next screen tell it that you are using Dropbox to sync. If you have the Dropbox app installed on your iPod touch, 1Password will take your credentials from that and then look for your data on Dropbox. You will be presented with the name of your keychain. Pick that, and then you will be asked for your master password to give you access to your data on Dropbox. Very soon after, your data will begin to appear on your iDevice. If you don't have the Dropbox app installed on your device, there will be a couple of other screen where you log into Dropbox.

Hope that's clear enough.

Edit: I suppose this properly belongs in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch section. But a moderator will need to move it.

• hearncl
    hearncl
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Many thanks--that took care of it. Downloading a fresh copy was the key. (That never occurred to me since I had updated the app on the iPod to the latest version.)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

This discussion has been closed.