CPU consumption

Options
Piffle
Piffle
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I have recently purchased 1password, but am finding that my 1password mini and 1 password processes are consuming significant amounts of CPU (110% and 68% respectively at this moment, sometimes higher). This happens when the laptop is otherwise idle, as well as when it is in use.

The environment is a Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz i7, running OS X 10.9.2 and 1password 4.4

Shutting down and restarting the laptop makes no difference - the problem comes back immediately.

Attached are example logs.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Piffle‌

Thanks for writing in such a detailed report. Those logs were helpful! It looks like 1Password is working to resolve some conflicts here, so I'd like you to try 1Password's new 'Optimize Database' tool. First use File > Backup to create a fresh backup of your database, just in case. Then, go to Help > Tools > Optimize Database > Optimize Now.

Does this improve 1Password's performance?

• Piffle
    Piffle
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Megan,

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately, it does not seem to address my problem. As I'm typing this, iPassword mini is at 107% CPU.

Any other ideas?

Kind Regards,

Nick.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Nick ( @Piffle ),

I'm sorry that didn't help you! Let's take a closer look at your system to see if we can't track this down. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Piffle
    Piffle
    Community Member
    Options

Done - thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Nick ( @Piffle ),

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.