Crash on open [moved to email]

Options
ridogi
ridogi
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Opening 1Password 4.4 on a Mac with 10.8.5 crashes 1Password about 10-20% of the time. This has been happening since maybe 4.2. I open it with Alfred by using a workflow (keyboard shortcut to open the app) but it also crashes by clicking on the icon in the dock, or by searching in Alfred and launching it. This is a desktop computer so I have everything unchecked in security pane of preferences. I have to enter the master password after restarting the computer (as I should) as well as after each crash.

I've uninstalled 1Password completely except the vault file in Dropbox including deleting preferences. I have the same problem after reinstalling.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ridogi,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to see if we can track down where this crash is coming from. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email with the report, @ridogi -- thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible to help resolve this problem you're having with 1Password crashing.

This discussion has been closed.