Can't install 1Password 4!

Options
Aron
Aron
Community Member

I'm on a Mac using Mavericks (10.9.2) and have been using 1Password 3.8.21 which I purchased long ago directly from Agilebits. I wanted to upgrade to 1Password 4.3 but on the download page got 1Password 4 instead. I have uninstalled the old version from Firefox but don't see how to install 4.0 much less 4.3. When I click on the 1Password 4 vault icon I get a welcome page but no way to enter my master password or open the app. I'm panicking a bit here since I depend so much on 1Password. I still have 3.8.21 so I can copy/paste logins but I'd much prefer to upgrade to the very latest version. Should I continue to struggle with 1Password 4 or can I go directly to 4.3? If so, how do I get myself out of the current mess I'm in?

Help will be so very much appreciated!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Aron,

I'm so sorry you're having trouble getting 1Password 4 up and running. Generally 1Password 4 should detect your data from 1Password 3 automatically when you open it for the first time. Please take a look at our guide to Setting Up 1Password, and let me know where you're running into snags.

Please understand that downloading 1Password 4 from our downloads page will give you the most up-to-date version of 1Password, which is now version 4.4. :)

• Aron
    Aron
    Community Member
    Options

I tried downloading one more time and this time I noticed that in the bottom right corner of the Welcome page there was a button called "Let's get started" or something like that. Aha! When I clicked on it I got the reassuring message that 1Password had detected my files and from there on it was all easy. I apologize for not noticing the button sooner but if I might make a suggestion it would be to make it much more prominent! Thank you for your help.

This discussion has been closed.