1Password Logins Keep Turning Into Gibberish

Options
ameeps
ameeps
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I'm having a super annoying problem with 1Password for Mac. The problem so far has only occurred with www.StubHub.com.

Every time I save my login info - my email address as the login and my password as the password, everything works fine for a few days. However, then, out of the blue a couple days later, my username will automatically change to gibberish. Here are some of the examples. As you can see, my email address is being changed to random strings of letters and numbers such as "dc9aac5a-7bde-4b7c-8221-a5c89d0a5fb71399241549177".

Every time I log back in to StubHub with my correct details (no thanks to 1Password), it offers to save my new login, and I do so. This works for a few days, and then the login morphs into the random numbers and letters, and i'm back at square 1.

Info:
1Password
Version 4.4 (440001)
Mac App Store
I generally use the latest chrome, 34.0.1847.131, but this happens in every browser.
Retina MBP, 13 inch, Late 2013, 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7/16 GB RAM/Intel Iris 1024MB

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @ameeps‌

That is a very strange issue there! Thanks for including the screenshots, it helps to describe things nicely.

I'd like to get a bit more information from you here. Please try saving a new version of your StubHub Login like this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If the entry is still not saving your username, please send us the item's UUID:

• Go to Preferences > Advanced and click the 'Show Item > Copy UUID menu item'
    • Go to the offending entry and use Item > Copy UUID

Along with a Diagnostics Report:

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: JIE-12737-648

• augewart
    augewart
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a fix yet for this. Having same issue.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What happens if you save a brand new Login item (not an update) by carefully following these steps?

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

That allows 1Password to “relearn” a page’s fields.

If you're still having trouble, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This will provide us with more information about your current setup, and allow us to provide you with specific steps.

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• augewart
    augewart
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the report yesterday

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thank you for sending the report (and for letting me know). We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. :)

ref: EXK-61538-544

This discussion has been closed.