Confused about Apparent Mac App Store Purchase

Options
jagsmith7
jagsmith7
Community Member

I’m confused.

I have 1Password 4.4 Mac App Store version running on three Macs (says so under "About 1Password"). I presumably downloaded it from the Mac App Store, but it’s not currently available under Mac App Store Purchases.

I definitely have both single user and family 1Password 3 licenses, apparently available for upgrade ... but why upgrade if I already purchased 1Password 4 at the Mac App Store.

Honestly, I don't remember how I got 1Password 4.4 on my current macs. Did I purchase it at the Mac App Store?? Or did have 1Password 3 versions (purchased from Agile) running on my Macs, and then get some temporary amnesty to download upgrades to version 4 from the Mac App Store.

I would like to add 1Password 4 to an additional Mac, but ... again ... it’s not available under Purchases in the Mac App Store.

How should I proceed?

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jason ( @jagsmith7‌ )

If the 'About 1Password' section shows Version 4.4 from the Mac App Store, then it sounds to me like you did purchase it from the Mac App Store. I've done a quick check in our back office records, and there is licensing information under the email address that you used for your forum account, but it is for 1Password 2 with an upgrade to 1Password 3. There is no license for 1Password 4 that I can see.

Now, if you think you may have purchased from us directly using a different name or email address, feel free to send me a private message with some alternate details to search.

To find your purchase in the Mac App Store, please ensure that you are logged in with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase. If you have multiple AppleIDs (such as I do), this could be where things are getting tangled up.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.