How to get 1P4 to open IOS apps??

Options
alzaba
alzaba
Community Member

I must be missing something but I can get 1P4 to open URL's ok - but how do I get it to open and login to an IOS app??

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Simple answer is sorry, but you can't. Many aspects of the iPhone are locked down and that's one of them. Your only option is to copy and paste. What I find annoying are the apps that are nothing more than a skin to a web page and tend to refresh after jumping to 1Password. The only way I've found to deal with those crappy ones is to type in my username/email address and paste the altogether more complex password.

--Edit--
    I made an error above. Now for your standard app it still holds true but I was forgetting that some apps have integrated to some degree with 1Password 4. I think (cannot say from personal experience) that it still involves cutting and pasting though.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Have you explored using the built in web browser in 1Password? It gives you most of the functions you are missing. If you open 1Password to your chosen record and tap the URL,1Browser will open and automatically fill and submit your credentials. There are a few places where it doesn't work, but it's been put there by the developers to deal with exactly Apple's sand boxing limitations of iOS.

Your subject line refers to opening apps, but your post is about URLs. 1Password won't pass credentials to native apps, but that's true of the desktop versions too.

This discussion has been closed.