Can't create new vault in iOS

Options
mistahpat
mistahpat
Community Member

I have an iPhone 5S with 1P 4.5.1 installed. Trying to create a new non-primary vault I go to: Settings / Vaults / Add Vault. I'm given "Choose a sync method" or "Create demo vault." I'm currently using Dropbox to sync my primary vault. I choose "Syncs with Dropbox" and I'm given two options: Use the current account, or "Connect Another Account". If I choose the current account I'm given a message that the vault already exists. If I choose to connect another account, I'm given the option to "Allow" 1P access to Dropbox, but then I'm brought back to the choose a sync method screen - a complete circle. I don't see/understand how to create another vault.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mistahpat‌

Unfortunately it is not possible to create secondary vaults on the iOS at this time. You'll need to create the secondary vault using the desktop app and sync it to your iOS device.

I apologize for the trouble. Our developers are working to make multiple vaults even more versatile and user-friendly, I'll let them know you'd like to be able to do this. :)

• mistahpat
    mistahpat
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! Thanks. Question, if I create a 2nd vault on my Mac, can it be sync'd via Dropbox along with the Primary Vault to my iPhone?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mistahpat‌

The answer here is that yes, you can! Each vault does have unique sync settings, so you will need to go into Preferences > Sync and select Dropbox. Then on your iOS device, go to Settings > Add Vault to add this secondary vault. :)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.