Problem logging into 1Password when on a website that i want to save the password from

Options
daisy
daisy
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

i have been using this app now for a few weeks, and just now started having an issue. When i'm on a website and login, and 1password asks me if i would like to save the login-- and the window pops up and i have to put in my 1password general login password, it now doesn't work. It doesn't let me type anything... i can login no problem when i open the program in applications, but when i'm on a website and want to save something quickly, i can't login from there. it worked at first, but not now. please help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daisy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password here. Let's try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Does this get things behaving any better for you?

• daisy
    daisy
    Community Member
    Options

thanks-- before i try it... not sure what you mean to be the "1Password menu"-- what exactly am i clicking on when i hold down the control key? do i log in with my password first to get into the main part of 1password? or is this before you log in? sorry-- just not seeing a "menu"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daisy,

When 1Password is active, you will see various options in the menu bar at the top of your screen. One of these options is the heading '1Password'. When you click on it, a menu will drop-down. The 'Quit' option is at the bottom of the menu. Holding down the Control key will change the 'Quit 1Password' to a 'Quit 1Password and 1Password Mini'.

• daisy
    daisy
    Community Member
    Options

thank you, i just did this. but now it's not popping up at all when i go to a website-- it doesnt ask me anymore if i want to save it into 1password... is there something else i need to do?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daisy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Did you re-launch 1Password after restarting your computer? The quit-and-restart process should get things cleaned up, but you will need to open 1Password again to get it to ask you to save data again. :)

• daisy
    daisy
    Community Member
    Options

thank you Megan, it didn't work the first time, but now it seems to be working again... do you know why it got corrupted so quickly? i had only been using it for a few weeks-- just wanted to know if there is anything i can do to avoid it for next time?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daisy,

I'm glad to hear that things are working again. Honestly, I don't quite know what could have gone wrong here. It seems that sometimes things work more smoothly after a fresh start. I'm one of those lazy users who leaves the computer on and simply sleeping for weeks at a time, and every now and then, things get a bit cranky until I do a restart.

If you do notice any trouble again though, please let me know and we can do some further investigation. :)

• daisy
    daisy
    Community Member
    Options

thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @daisy, on behalf of @Megan. :)

This discussion has been closed.