Sync Problem with multiple login accounts

Options
jteastone
jteastone
Community Member

We have a home network of three Macs (2 laptops and a mini) running 10.9. All three have the same five user accounts. All three 1PW installations sync from the same shared file hosted on the mini internal drive (mirrored, btw, if that matters). All accounts have RW permissions to the vault (/users/shared/agilebits.etc.). I've successfully tested syncing from the account that created the vault -- logins created under this username propagate to all user accounts on all computers as expected.

The issue I'm trying to solve is that logins created by any other user are only stored locally for that user on that computer. I'm obviously missing something about how to set the vault syncing in some way. Seems pretty straight-forward (and correct) in the 1PW permissions for folder sharing. Why are these logins not syncing to the other copies of 1PW on other computers?

Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jteastone‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things all synced up here. Now, I know you mentioned that permissions are correct, but this really does sound like a case of permissions gone awry. To get a bit of a better handle on the situation, I'd like to take a closer look at your system here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from the user account that created the vault, and another from a non-creater user?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach both the files to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.