new user -- basics, glossary, syncing via iCloud

Options
gstep
gstep
Community Member

dear friends,
I'm using a macbook and iphone 5s, and have just recently purchased 1pw.
It seems I've synced (via WiFi) as I haven't received a notification that it did not sync.
I couldn't sync via iCloud which is what I think I would prefer.
I have input 18 logins that show up on both devices.
But when I go to a website or app on iphone, the old password is required, the master password does not work.
I think I need to do something about a password key?
I'm not getting so many terms that show up in the discussions by inferring and wonder if a glossary will help?
I think I saw one earlier but don't know where to find it.

Help please?
thank you in advance.
gayle

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi gayle ( @gstep )

Thanks so much for choosing 1Password to keep your digital life secure and organized! I'd be happy to help you get synced up here.

If you'd like to get iCloud sync set up, the instructions for doing so are here: Sync with iCloud.

The instructions for Mac are here: iCloud sync for Mac

Please note that you must be logged in to all devices with the same AppleID, and that Documents and Data is enabled on all devices. If you run into any trouble while following the above steps, please let me know which step failed, and we'll work from there.

We do have a glossary of terms available here: 1Password glossary

I'll need just a bit more information to understand where things are getting tangled up for you. Your Master Password is the password that you use to unlock 1Password to get access to your password database. Is your Master Password not being accepted on some devices? Or are you having trouble logging in to particular sites?

Please provide as much detail as you are able, the more we know, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.