How to generate passwords in browser? Lost in new version.

Options
rlanger
rlanger
Community Member

In the old version of 1Password, it was super easy to change a password. In the browser, there was an option to generate a new password that would autofill both the New Password field and the Confirm New Password field. I don't see how to do this anymore. Am I missing something? this was a killer feature.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlanger,

To update a password for a site on 1Password 4 for iOS, do the following:

• Open 1Password 4 for iOS, and unlock it.
    • Go to the login item you want to update.
    • Tap on the website address to launch the 1Browser, which should log you into the site.
    • Navigate to the site’s Change Password form, and enter your current password. Copy it from the vault view of the item, if needed, by sliding the 1Browser aside for a moment.
    • Once the current password is entered into the form, slide the 1Browser aside, and place the login into Edit mode.
    • Either type in a new password, or use the Strong Password Generator to generate a new one.
    • Save the login.
    • Copy the password field, and slide the 1Browser back into view.
    • Paste the new password into the new and confirmation fields, then save the changes to the form.

Unfortunately, as you've noticed, there is not currently a password generator within 1Browser. This is a popular feature request, and I'm happy to add a vote for you. :)

• rlanger
    rlanger
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, and yes, please add my vote. The process you outline here is far more cumbersome.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome! We've added your vote for this feature.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• napes
    napes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I too am missing a password generator in 1Browser, specifically for new passwords. All I get is an option to auto fill my ID?? when pressing the key outline icon. Not to generate a strong password without a clunky workaround defeats the purpose of the app. This is an important feature, any idea if and when we can expect a solution? Thanks

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to let the developers know that you're interested in seeing the password generator back in 1Browser. :)

We do hope to improve this in the future, but I'm not sure when exactly it will happen.

This discussion has been closed.