Credit Card not syncing

Options
zamboknee
zamboknee
Community Member

I'm able to sync between my mac and the iPhone app (through Dropbox, website password on mac shows up on iPhone) but after changing a credit card's info (number, verification pin, etc.) the changes don't take on the iPhone app.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @zamboknee,

Is everything else in your vault syncing correctly? If you create a new login item named "Test", does it sync between your Mac and iPhone?

Thanks in advance for the additional info! :)

• zamboknee
    zamboknee
    Community Member
    Options

no. created a 'Test Card' and 'Test' in logins and neither synced. Phone gave me a 'failed to upload file to Dropbox' error message

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zamboknee‌

Let's try resetting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

• zamboknee
    zamboknee
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks Megan!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zamboknee‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm glad to hear that my steps helped.

If you run into any further snags, we're here for you. :)

• rdourado
    rdourado
    Community Member
    Options

There is any limitation for iCloud sync? Identities, credit cards, bank accounts and wireless routers categories doesn't show up in iOS app.
    I didn't test it recently, but I don't remember having this problem before with Dropbox sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rdourado‌

iCloud sync should sync the entirety of your 1Password database to your iOS device. Have you created items in each of these categories? Some secondary categories will not show up in the 'Categories' view if there are no items in those categories. For example, I have no 'Outdoor Licenses', so this category is not displayed.

• rdourado
    rdourado
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have a few items in the categories I mentioned.

• rdourado
    rdourado
    Community Member
    Options

I tested now changing the sync method to Dropbox and WiFi and nothing seems to be able to push credit cards, back accounts and wireless routers information to my iPhone. My iOS app version is 4.5.3 and my 1Password Mac app version is 4.4.1.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @zamboknee,

So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and iPhone, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• rdourado
    rdourado
    Community Member
    Options

After deleting everything on iOS and syncing again, it worked!

• Jasper
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that it's working now. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.