Need some details about 1Password

Options
e_a_g_l_e_p_i
e_a_g_l_e_p_i
Community Member

On Ipad does it fill username and passwords when you go to that website.?
Are username and passwords keep in the Cloud or on device only?

Comments

• e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    Community Member
    Options

When I bought my first Ipad I bought 1Password but never used it because I couldn't understand how it worked. It seemed to be a file that I could have my passwords locked in and I only needed one password to get to them.

However I thought it would work like RoboForm a password manager I have used for many years on my home computer. it logs me into any site I have already created a username and password for, when I go to a website or something asks for my password it fills it in for me.

So my first question after giving you some background is does the latest version of 1Password work that way.

One issue I always had was I was asked to enter my Apple password to do something and at that time 1Password that I had didn't offer to fill it in.

That was on the original Ipad and a much earlier version if 1 password. I just bought a new Ipad gen 4 and if 1Password works as I would like I will upgrade or buy the newest version.

Sorry I thought I was going to ask 2 easy questions but I seemed to ramble a lot. Hope you have all the info to give me a good reply. Just remembered my other question, does 1Password keep my usernames and password only on my Ipad or does it keep it in the cloud ? I DO NOT want my passwords stored on anything else by my device

Thanks

• e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

My first post was long and rambling and I wanted to edit it to make it easier to answer

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

You can edit your posts for an hour after first posting them, but not after that. This is to help protect us from spammers who might first post something that seems legitimate, but then later return to change it to spam, after the moderators have turned attention away.

To edit within that hour, note there is a gear icon near the top right of the post, next to the post number. Click there to edit. Once the hour has passed, that gear will no longer be present.

Have you thought of composing long posts in a word processor or text editor, then pasting them into the proper field here, once you're happy? Just a thought.

• e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I would think if someone was able to delete 2 of my 3 posts leaving only my original they could have answered the questions in the post. I guess this is a sign of how good the support is. I will be looking somewhere else for my app for password security.

I now see that someone put all my posts together so I apologize for saying someone deleted the posts however I would think if someone had the power to combine the post they could answer my questions. I was wrong but still unhappy how this was handled

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @e_a_g_l_e_p_i,

Sorry for the confusion — your posts were all merged together. It's simpler for us to assist you in a single discussion.

On Ipad does it fill username and passwords when you go to that website.?

1Password 4 for iOS has a built-in web browser called 1Browser. The app can auto-fill your logins, identities, and credit cards in 1Browser, similar to the desktop versions of 1Password.

One issue I always had was I was asked to enter my Apple password to do something and at that time 1Password that I had didn't offer to fill it in.

Apple restricts the way apps can integrate with each other on iOS. Consequently, it's not possible for 1Password to auto-fill your logins into Safari, the App Store, or any other third party apps on iOS.

Are username and passwords keep in the Cloud or on device only?

Your data is always stored locally, and you can optionally choose to store a copy in the cloud for syncing.

But remember, if your iOS device is lost, stolen, or crashes, and the data is only stored on the device, your data will be lost. Syncing to the cloud or backing up your data is important to ensure availability.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    e_a_g_l_e_p_i
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.