syncing with 1Password4

Options
gwalschap
gwalschap
Community Member

I just upgraded 1Password for iOS from the previous version, and it asked me to set up syncing, which used to be set up (why does one have to redo this?). So I set it up again, via Dropbox, which was the original setup. The problem is that after syncing, some logins, the one for Dropbox for example, were NOT synced. I had to sync again (and endure several error messages) via WiFi this time before having a (hopefully) complete sync.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @gwalschap,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Could you please try resetting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app (and other Macs) and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Please let us know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.