fails to launch

Options
Douge007
Douge007
Community Member

"1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support."
see error here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sww762nxv8l3fws/Screenshot 2014-05-16 20.25.19.png
multiple restarts fails to resolve issue / launch brings "beach ball" and then this error message
no idea what to do next

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Douge007,

Could you please give this fix a try:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 4.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then reboot your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
      • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.
      • Or, if you use the Mac App Store version, re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store purchased page.

If that doesn't work, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• noirdesir
    noirdesir
    Community Member
    Options

Had the same problem, your solution fixed it (this seems to be a new 'feature' in version 4.4, I have to add, I never had to re-install Keychain Access ;)).

My error message was bit longer:

Failed to open 1Password database

1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database is locked'.
    Additional information:
    [the current date and time]
    Error Domain=SQLite Code=5 "database is locked" UserInfo=0x7faafa228400 {SQLiteExtenderError=5, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked}

That hex-string kept changing with each error message, a second one I captured was: 0x7feb0145fcd0

• Douge007
    Douge007
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! Thanks, this fixed it!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that it's fixed for both of you!

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.