FEATURE REQUEST: Add attachment via Mac built-in camera

Options
somainer
somainer
Community Member

I am somewhat enamored with the idea of maintaining a virtual wallet in 1Password (i.e, by adding images of real things in my physical wallet to my 1Password entires, like driver's licenses or passwords, as described here: http://www.iphonejd.com/iphone_jd/2014/02/creating-a-digital-wallet.html (thanks to @ings for pointing out this article, per http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/125641/#Comment_125641)

But currently the process is a bit cumbersome - and not too safe - in that one has to scan something like a drivers license, save it as a file to their mac, and then upload it as an attachment to a 1Password item... How cool would it be, for Macs equipped with a camera, if one could open 1Password, select an item, and then select edit, and then have an option to "Take a picture using camera" (in addition to the current "Drag and drop here" or "choose file" options).

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass your comments along to the developers. :)

• buggypac
    buggypac
    Community Member
    Options

@somainer What is the point of attaching photos of the cards? Surely the point of a digital wallet is that you can instantly enter the data on websites, by copy-pasting the fields. So store all of your cards as text-data, with the card numbers, expiration dates, etc, as text fields. No images needed. No database-bloat with megabytes of photo data. All data easily copiable as text... seems superior to me.

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

Ideally, you'd have both the data and the image. You may need to produce the image in some cases. For example, it is recommended that you save a copy of your passport in case you lose it while traveling.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

Having photos of my drivers license, health insurance cards, and passport in my keychain has proven useful to me on many occasions. I like @somainer‌'s suggestion, and see it as applicable to all platforms, not just the Mac.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

This discussion has been closed.