Simple workflow for creating new login with strong password in iOS version

Options
romadu
romadu
Community Member

Hi
I really like 1password and have been using it for years. I was hoping the new version of 1password for iOS would make it easier to create new logins but I haven't found a simple workflow for this yet.

Scenario: browsing in Safari for iOS, need to create a new login for a site, and Safari prompts to create a strong password. However, if I accept this, there's no way to save that strong password in 1password. So I copy the url and open 1password.

1password recognises the url and prompts me to open that webpage. This is a promising beginning.
However, in the browser, 1password for iOS doesn't offer me an option to create a strong password - I only have options if I've previously saved a login.
Instead, I need to leave the browser, create a new login, create a strong password for the new login, copy that password, then switch back to the browser, paste in the password, complete the setup of my new login and finally switch back to 1password to save the new login details.

Am I missing something? Alternatively, is it possible for the strong password creator to be available in the browser, and if used, 1password prompt to save the new login, just as it would on my Mac. After all, I'm browsing within 1password app.

Hopefully the create new login within iOS can be simplified - it seems a shame to switch back to the Mac just to create new login for websites, or fumble about on iOS.

• I realise that I could create a full login before completing it on the website and 1password makes it available when I browse to that website. But if I haven't created a real login yet, there's a chance that the website will reject the password, which means switching back and forth between the browser and the dummy login I created. It seems like it would be better to manage all of this in one place.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @romadu‌

Thanks so much for providing such a detailed outline of your experience with 1Password. Unfortunately, you are not missing anything right now. There is no way to create a strong password or save a new Login directly in 1Browser. You're certainly not the first person to request this, however, so I've added a vote for you to the feature request in our internal tracker. :)

This discussion has been closed.