Feature Idea: When editing password, update recipe to what was used previously.

Options
efudd
efudd
Community Member

Different web sites have different password limitations, so I may have a 14 character password on one site and an 18 character password on another, along with other different recipe requirements. After I've figured out those requirements one time they are forgotten the next time I edit that password. The recipe always pops up as whatever I used last anywhere in 1Password. I would love it if the exact recipe previously used for that particular password would pop up so I don't have to visually examine the password produced the previous time (for character count and types of characters). I'm actually not 100% sure about the entire recipe, but I know the character count at least is lost each time.

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

What a really great suggestion. It would be a huge time-saver. I hope Agile can implement this.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It would also be useful to have a default recipe setting. So that if I have to cut back to a ten character password on one site, I don't have to reset to a better recipe for the next site I come to.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass all your feedback along to the developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.