1P4 Bug: "1Password Save Login" dialog unresponsive

Options
thoughton
thoughton
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I'm finding that often (nearly always) the "1Password Save Login" dialog that pops-up when logging into a new site appears unresponsive and generally broken.

For starters, the name box is blank and does not allow me to enter text into it; then if I click the expansion triangle next to the text box, text does actually appear but then many of the UI elements start drawing over each other in a very broken fashion.

Here's a grab of the broken UI:

This appears to be a regression in 1P4, as I'm certain this used to work in previous releases for as long as I can remember.

My system info:

1P: 1Password 4 Version 4.4 (440002) Agile Web Store

Browser: Firefox 29.0.1

I hope this can be fixed, as I'm sure you can imagine how vital this feature is!

Please let me know if there's any way I can help.

Thanks,

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @thoughton,

Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• thoughton
    thoughton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @JasperP, e-mail sent.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email, @thoughton -- thanks! Someone from our team will be following up with you directly in email to help resolve this issue.

• David Burcham
    David Burcham
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It started when I had my Mac stolen and reinstalled on a new one.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi David,

We'd love to see a Diagnostics Report from you as well! Could you please follow @JasperP's instructions above?

• buggysdad
    buggysdad
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. I'm not sure why I can't see the text I'm entering, but it does enter. Once I hit save the login (however I typed it) shows up in my main window.

There is no text in the field under "Save new login", it never shows up, but if I hit the keyboard it does enter.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @buggysdad,

Sorry for the trouble you're having there with input for the 1Password auto-save dialog window. Which version of 1Password are you currently running? Please make sure you have the version 4.4.1 update (at least). And if you haven't restarted your system since the problem started, please give that a try.

Still stuck after that? See previous instructions in @Jasper's reply (#2) for sending us a Diagnostics Report and we'll help you out directly through email. Thanks!

• buggysdad
    buggysdad
    Community Member
    Options

I think the restart fixed it. Thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @buggysdad. Restarts do seem to "fix" a lot of things on OS X nowadays. :)

If you have more trouble with this or anything else we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.