Would like the option "show username for matching logins" in 1Password 4.4.x (mini) for Mac.

Options
loumatrix
loumatrix
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Hi all,

I was wondering if the Mac version of 1Password 4.4.x has the ability to "show username for matching logins" like the Windows 1Password?

I tried searching the discussions didn't quite find what I was looking for. If it is on here please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

If it isn't on here and it isn't a feature is that something that can be done for a future version of 1Password for Mac?

I just have multiple logins for the same website and it is a tad bit confusing. I know I can just change the titles but would like it to show usernames instead.

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @loumatrix,

Unfortunately, the Mac version does not have this option right now. It does sound rather handy (I'm looking at my 6+ Google Logins right now!) so I'm happy to pass your thoughts along to our developers. In the meantime, you're right - changing titles is your best workaround.

• mayostard
    mayostard
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi all. I love the change in 1Password 4 that shows usernames under the name of each login in the main window. I often have multiple logins on the same site, and this could save me from having to title each login with the username. However--the username doesn't show up when matching sites are listed in 1Password Mini, which is where they'd be most helpful, as that's where I need to decide which one to choose in order to actually log in on a website.

So I thought it might a good addition (or option at least) to have 1Password Mini show the username along with the name of the login in its list of matching sites.

Thanks!

(Apologies if someone else has already requested this feature, or if this isn't the right place for such a request, but I couldn't find another spot for it.)

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @mayostard,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass this along to our developers. :)

For now, you may want add the username to the title instead (for sites with multiple accounts).

For example: Google (user1) Google (user2) Google (user3)

• mayostard
    mayostard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response and the tip--that's basically how I do it now, and it works all right (just a little error-prone if usernames or e-mail addresses change). Cheers!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mayostard,

(Apologies if someone else has already requested this feature, or if this isn't the right place for such a request, but I couldn't find another spot for it.)

I found this other spot for your request and added it here. :)

• +1 and why exactly those Windows folks get to have this important option and we don't? :smile:
    Until then, LastPass is my friend :smiling_imp:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waywalker,

Thanks for your +1 vote and keeping us on our toes about getting this into the Mac version of 1Password. :)

ref: OPM-1700

This discussion has been closed.