Some suggestions

johan98
johan98
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Android

Here are some suggestions for the Android app I have after having played around with the current beta:

• According to the Android Design Guidelines, the Settings button should be moved to the Action Bar overflow menu

• You should try to use the AppCompat Navigation Drawer library by Google, which has a slightly different design, or (as long as there are only three different items) use swipable tabs instead

• There are standard Action Bar Icons for things like "refresh" and "add", which you don't seem to use: http://developer.android.com/downloads/design/Android_Design_Icons_20131106.zip

• It should be possible to turn off the notification (not the "Toast" popup) that is shown after syncing with Dropbox

• The popup that is shown when you tap on the "menu" icon on a login (which contains the items delete, go to browser, copy and favorite) doesn't look very Android-like. The Contextual Action Bar would be the standard approach for this.

Comments

• Paradio1360
    Paradio1360
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

It would be nice to add the scrollable alphabet on the bottom of the screen used in version 3 to locate logons, rather than scrolling up and down from the right side. The build is looking great!

• Thank you both for the excellent suggestions. We will be releasing 1Password 4 on Google Play on June 10. With the release only a short while away, we won't be making any changes to the code leading up to the release date unless something absolutely critical comes up. That being said though, we have already begun work on our first update. I will pass on these suggestions for our development team to consider for inclusion in our first update. As always, thank you for the continued support and feedback!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

It should be possible to turn off the notification (not the "Toast" popup) that is shown after syncing with Dropbox.

As a BlackBerry 10 user, this would be greatly appreciated. As it currently stands, Android notifications are haphazardly implemented into the BlackBerry 10 OS. By that I mean, all Android notifications are considered as general notifications that don’t distinguish between apps. Being able to turn it off for 1Password would spare me a lot of annoying LED flashes.

• johan98
    johan98
    Community Member

Are there any news about these suggestions here? Also, a Material Design update and a "Share Login" function (like on iOS) would be great.

• @Eitot‌ With our current implementation, successful sync notifications are automatically cleared after a few seconds. If there was an error during sync, the sync notification remains in the notification drawer indicating sync has failed. For users that would like to disable this notification, we ask them to go into the device Settings > Apps > 1Password and uncheck 'Show Notifications'. This disables both Toast notifications and notifications in the notification drawer. I'm not sure if a similar option is available on the BlackBerry OS.

• @johan98‌ Our team is currently in the early stages of redesigning 1Password that would take advantage of Material Design. I'll pass on your suggestion about adding a share option like we find on other versions of 1Password. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.