Problems in filling out the login fields

Options
Christoph Morre
Christoph Morre
Community Member

Below is the screenshot of a login window. The password I have saved and fill in the login details 1Password.
The "Enter the letters in the picture frame" field is automatically filled in with my e-mail address.
How can I prevent this?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't faced exactly this myself, but I have had 1Password fill things into the wrong fields too. I think it's happened when I've wanted to change passwords and the site asks for the old password and the new one. If I haven't filled in the old one before generating the new one, I get the new one in the old one's intended field, as well as in the new one's field. So my solution has been to be sure to fill in the old one before I generate and fill the new one.

Sorry to go on like that, but based on those experiences, if I were having your difficulty, I would fill in the CAPTCHA field first and then go back and have 1Password autofill the other information. I don't think it will overwrite what you have entered manually, and the web form won't care that you've filled in those letters before submitting your credentials.

If you give that a try, let us know how it goes. Others could also benefit, if it works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Christoph,

I'm sorry that 1Password is being difficult here. What happens if you save a new Login like so:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please note that for Logins with Captcha fields, you will need to disable the submit option for the entry so that you are given the opportunity to type the Captcha before you hit the 'log in' button.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• Christoph Morre
    Christoph Morre
    Community Member
    Options

Thx, its working!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Christoph,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! We're here for you if you have any further questions. :)

• zITA
    zITA
    Community Member
    Options

As a newbie, I had no idea how to "Disable the submit option." But I succeeded by editing the particular login, and changing the Submit pulldown from "If auto-submit is ON" to "Never."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zITA, and welcome to 1Password and our forum! :)

To disable auto-submit for a single item, as you've discovered, you can edit it in 1Password and change the submit option to Never submit:

To disable auto-submit for all sites, you can disable the Automatically submit logins after filling option in the Browser tab of Preferences. Or just disable Submit Login in 1Password mini:

Quickly toggling auto-submit

I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.