Sync between personal Mac and office Mac

Options
papagno
papagno
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1Password installed on both my Mac and the Mac I use at work. I'm using iCloud to sync and it works but with this option I can't access the Anywhere file. So I wanted to switch to Dropbox sync. The problem is I need to login with my work Dropbox account on the work Mac. Any idea on how could I solve my problem?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @papagno,

Unfortunately, 1PasswordAnywhere was designed to work with Dropbox, it is not currently available for iCloud users. If you need to access your keychain in Dropbox across multiple Dropbox accounts, try sharing a folder between your personal and your work Dropbox, and storing your 1Password.agilekeychain file in there. Here's what you'll want to do:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Macs and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Open a Finder window to Dropbox and create a new folder titled 'Shared' (or something slightly more creative/useful!)

• Log in to dropbox.com and right-click on this new folder. Select 'Invite to Folder' and send yourself an email. :) Accept the invitation to the shared folder from your work account.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox and the shared folder and select Open. This will regenerate a new 1Password.agilekeychain file in your shared folder.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the work Mac (if you are have 1Password installed), go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox and the shared folder and click on the 1Password.agilekeychain inside. (Please be sure to select the keychain itself and not the folder it resides in.)

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

I hope this helps, but please do let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.