Can 1Password fillout a ship cruise form that has personal, password and emergency contact info?

Options
royofsf
royofsf
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I have questions for 1Password 4 for Mac:

1. Can it do an autofill of a ship cruise form that requests personal, password and emergency contact info all on ONE PAGE? Assume that I will only use this cruise line ONCE. Can I put my passport and emergency contacts info in custom fields on my 1Password personal Identity form and will it then be able to autofill the cruise shipform? Or is my only choice to copy and past the passport and emergency contact info onto the form after I've done an autofill with my personal info (address, phone, etc.)?

2. I know that I cannot use my personal Identity form to autofill the cruise shop form and then try to autofill with another Identity form that has the emergency contact info from a friend since the second autofill will override the info entered from my personal Identity card.

3. On the other hand, if I will use this cruise line MORE THAN ONCE, I think that I can save the form as a LOGIN after I've filled it out to use the next time I use this cruise line. Correct?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

1Password doesn't autofill forms, only login credentials for web sites. So copy and paste is your best option to do what you wish.

Is this a web form that you are wanting to fill out? I don't know what would happen if you attempted to create a Login record with the intent to fill in more than just a username and password. I have my doubts that you could get the rest of the information to autofill, though. If you try it, post back and let everyone know.

• royofsf
    royofsf
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hawkmoth - I remember emailing 1Password a long time ago and they told me that I could save a form as a Login and it would autofill the same webform the next time I needed that (ie, a trip webform from a cruise line, other travel site, ticket sales company, travel insruance, etc.). I have 10-20 of such Logins, each with a significant number of additional fields.

When this is done a section appears on the Login form titled "show web form details". If that is clicked on, one can see all of the other webform info that was saved. I'm looking at one right now that has 50 additional fields and the info that I entered that was saved and re-used to fill out the webform at a later date. It is a significant time saver.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@royofsf‌ - thanks for that! I learned something today, as is often the case while reading the forums. I'll have to give this a try.

This discussion has been closed.