1P Anywhere not updating

Options
Deekin
Deekin
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1P on a MBP, an iMac, an iPhone and an iPad. I have verified that all are syncing between themselves; the problem is at work where I have to use 1P Anywhere. Computer side, both OSX boxes are pointing to ~myusername/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. iOS side they point to Dropbox (no way to specify a path).

Modified shows as Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM for agilekeychain however. How can my devices be all in sync and the actual Dropbox file not be? Is it possible that it now saving somewhere else in Dropbox (which is what I suspect)? More importantly, how can I force it to properly sync so I can use 1P at work?

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Deekin,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Dropbox sync right now. Let's reset sync. This should ensure that everything is on the same page ... and create a fresh 1Password.agilekeychain file which should work correctly when accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Modified shows as Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM for agilekeychain however.

Please note that your 1Password.agilekeychain file is actually a bundle of files, with several internal folders. You can take a peek at the internal structure of the keychain by right-clicking on the file and selecting 'Show Package Contents':

*demo keychain data shown

When changing the 'Modified' date on a file, your operating system will also update the folder that holds this file (which in this case is the 'default' folder), but only for the next level folder (so, the modified date of the 'data' folder, and the 1Password.agilekeychain itself will not change.)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• Deekin
    Deekin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again,

Back to square one I'm afraid. The differences now are 10.10, iOS 8.1 and 1P 5.x - the problem is the same though :( - I followed all the steps you outlined in this thread before thinking it would work, but my Dropbox shows a last modified of October 30th (made a few new entries today 11/5/14), and I have 99 entries on the stand alone clients, as opposed to the 60 that the web based Dropbox interface has :(

• Deekin
    Deekin
    Community Member
    Options

Adding version info:

1P iOS 5.1.1
    1P OSX Version 5.0.2 (502007)
    Agile Web Store

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Deekin‌

Can I confirm one thing with you please. You'll notice 1PasswordAnywhere doesn't have as many categories down the left hand side as 1Password for Mac or iOS does. It also doesn't have a All Items count like the main application. Now if I had up all the count totals for this reduced set if categories that total for me comes to my All Items total.

For me the last modified date, depending on what file or folder you're viewing could be very misleading. Certain files don't need to change, just the data files need to be altered when syncing occurs.

Now if you're viewing 1PasswordAnywhere and it's precise entries are missing that are showing up on all your devices, that would seem worrying and odd (given they're syncing).

This discussion has been closed.