Two fields of password?

Options
Commandor
Commandor
Community Member

I have a login with one ID and two passwords.
It worked few weeks ago.
But it only fills one password now.
What should I do to make it fill all fields again?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Commandor,

We've just released a new version of the 1Password extension. It includes some great improvements to make 1Password's filling more precise, but this could be why your Login isn't behaving perfectly anymore.
    Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• Commandor
    Commandor
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I have tried what you say before I posted.
    The site is:

https://ebank.taipeifubon.com.tw/ibank/html/pages/jsp/home.jsp

I need to fill the top-left three fields to login.
    1P used to fill them correctly before, but only fills the first two recently.
    Thanks in advance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Commandor‌

Thanks for sending the URL along to us! I'm seeing the same behaviour as you. I've passed this site along to our filling gurus, and they'll do what they can to improve 1Password's filling here.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Commandor‌

I just wanted to follow-up and let you know that our developers have tracked down the issue with this site, and you should see improved behaviour in a future update. I can't quite comment on when that will be, of course, but we'll get it out to you as soon as possible.

• Commandor
    Commandor
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Looking forward to the update. Thanks a lot for the hardworking.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Commandor
    Commandor
    Community Member
    Options

It works now with the latest safari extension installed. Thanks a lo!

• ordfo
    ordfo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! I am also having a problem with 1Password filling in my user name and password to a proprietary company web site that requires 2 passwords on the same page along with my user name. It worked fine until a recent update and then stopped. The passwords enter just fine but the user name is left blank. I am running 10.9.3 and have 1Password 4.4 and the Safari extension 4.2.1. I have tried the manual entry as suggested by the forum moderator in an earlier post and that has not helped. Any other suggestions to get this back working?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ordfo,

I'm sorry to hear that Manually save a new Login didn't work for this site. I'm assuming that 'proprietary company website' means that you can't share the URL with us to do some testing here. (Correct me if I'm wrong that could be helpful here!) Please check the web form details of the entry: 1Password will flag which field it determines is the username, and which field is the password. If your username is not marked with a little person icon, please click on the arrows to mark the correct field as the username. Does this help?

• ordfo
    ordfo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello and thanks for the tip but that didn't work either. In the area for web form details, everything was marked correctly. The only difference that I see for this web site is that in the web form details, there are two place holders for passwords and one for my user name. I can send you the web site URL if you would like. Should I do it via this forum or shall I send it via another means? Am I correct in assuming that you will not be attempting to log on to the web site, only looking at the required fields?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ordfo,

Posting the URL here would be great! I'll create a Login with test data to see if I can get 1Password to fill correctly here (but obviously I won't be able to fully log in without a proper account.) Seeing the page's code as well can help us get a better idea of where 1Password is getting tangled up.

• ordfo
    ordfo
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Here is the log in page: https://ccs.coair.com/CCS/Default.aspx

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @ordfo,

I was able to create a working login by saving a new login manually. Did you try doing this recently? Recent updates to the browser extension may cause different results from the manual save.

• ordfo
    ordfo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello... Still no resolution to this. I reinstalled the Safari extension and followed the manual entry instruction to the letter and I get the same result. My user name does not fill in and the two required password fields fill in correctly. Any other ideas?

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have a suggestion to Megan's post #2 above.

"We've just released a new version of the 1Password extension. It includes some great improvements to make 1Password's filling more precise, but this could be why your Login isn't behaving perfectly anymore.

Let's try this:
    Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    Select Save new login.
    Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    Click Save.
    Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.
    If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?":

I have done the repair per the list above. Works great! But my old login entry sometimes has other information, such as account number, pin, security questions and answers, notes etc.

I would like an option to import all of this stuff from the old entry to the new one.

Right now it is a slow process of copy and paste each item individually.

Thank you
    Jay

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @ordfo,

We'd like to get a bit more information from you. Could you please send an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and we will continue working with you via email. Thanks in advance!

And @Fairgame, thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.