Wrong fields filled in on care.windmobile.ca

Options
deviantintegral
deviantintegral
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

1Password is filling in the wrong form fields for the Wind Mobile customer care website at http://care.windmobile.ca/. I checked the item details, and it's got the right input names for the fields, and the website isn't duplicating input names or IDs.

Off topic - the file attachment is hanging for me, so here's a screenshot posted elsewhere: http://take.ms/flXcN

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deviantintegral‌

Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

We've made some big changes to the extension recently. This process should allow 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill. :)

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan! That totally worked.

I then made the old login identical in it's entry to the the new one (including the web form details), and it still filled the wrong fields! I guess there's some data internally used for filling that's not in the UI?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you look at the logins and click on show web form details you'll probably find they're different in some critical way. That's effectively how you'll see the "internal data".

Stephen

• Martin_la_Cour
    Martin_la_Cour
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

I have a similiar problem - however 1P won''t fill the password correct. I have followed your description above, which helped to get the username in the right place...
    Se site is kulturvaerftet.billetten.dk/. 1P only fills the username (e-mail), and not the password form.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Martin_la_Cour,

I've been able to reproduce the problem with 1Password not filling the Kodeord field on that Kulturværftet page when using Safari and Firefox, but can get both fields filling okay using Chrome.

I found this workaround for Safari and Firefox: do a second fill (e.g. using the Command-\ (⌘\) shortcut) after the E-mail field has been filled. You'll also need to disable auto-submit for the item and manually submit after the second fill. Can you give that a try and let me know how it works for you?

I'm filing a bug for this; thanks for reporting it!

This discussion has been closed.