1Password Button 4.2 and BMO [fixed with 4.2.2 extension, plus extra web form details removal]

Options
SpinalNeon9446
SpinalNeon9446
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Since the upgrade to 1P Button (Safari), logging in to bmo.com online banking doesn't work for me. It opens the page, but it doesn't fill the login forms (plural - user ID and password are on consecutive pages). I tried creating a new item, but that didn't work either.

I reverted to the 4.1 extension, and it works. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the BMO website after the extension update. Now, I don't personally have an account with BMO, so I was only able to test filling on the first page, but I was able to create an entry that fills and submits correctly. But a co-worker has a BMO credit card and is able to Login fully, so I'm confident we can get this working using the 4.2 extension.

Please try this:

Now, you should be able to click the URL within the main app to have 1Password open the page and fill and submit your account information. (Or click on the entry in 1Password Mini). Then use ⌘\ to fill your password in on the second page.

This should behave properly for you ... if you are seeing something different, please let me know where in the process things go sideways, and we'll work from there!

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Megan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried creating the new login item as you described. It didn't help.

I also tried a couple of other things:

• disabled all other Safari extensions
    • created a new user account, setting up 1P there, and importing my BMO login item PIF

Neither worked.

I'm on an up-to-date OS X 10.9.3 with Safari 7.0.4.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry that my steps didn't help. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Lowell
    Lowell
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue with my bank. Again two separate screens: first the user ID screen, no problem, then; password screen it fills in password which is rejected. If I copy and paste the password in it works.

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

The diagnostics report is en route. Thanks.

• Lowell
    Lowell
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I resolved my issue. Problem was "conflicts" so it was picking up an old password. Getting rid of the conflicts was not obvious. I had to trash the login and then recreate it. If I edited and deleted the conflicts, as soon as I hit save the conflicts reappeared. Is there a simpler method os addressing conflicts?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email with the report, Karl. Thanks for sending that in! When it's convenient, can you retest with the 4.2.1 extension update and let us know if that makes any difference? .

Glad to hear you've resolved your similar issue, @Lowell. 1Password doesn't use any data in Conflict fields during filling so that couldn't have directly caused the problem. It sounds like you had a Login item with an old password that was also showing up in a Conflict field. So maybe the Conflict fields helped you indirectly locate the troublesome item.

There's a brief post, which also refers to another discussion, explaining more about Conflict fields: here

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay — WWDCing. However, I just tried it with 4.2.1, and it still doesn't work. The BMO login page opens, but 1P doesn't fill the ID field. This happens both with Open & Fill, and if I navigate to the page manually and just try Fill.

Reverted to version 4.1 again. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Karl,

I'm glad to hear that 4.1 is working for you. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting this issue, it's best if we do so directly via email, as we may need further information (such as the page's source code to pass along to our developers.) If you're content with 4.1 for the time being, that's fine as well.

• 1Pfanatic
    1Pfanatic
    Community Member
    Options

I'm late to this discussion, but having the same problem. My banking site, US Bank, was accepting logins from 1Password, both via Command-\ and via Mini without issue. It's a two-step login, first going to the Username page, then proceeding to the Password page. Never a problem. But after upgrading to extension 4.2.1 from 4.1.0, the password portion repeatedly fails, with US Bank complaining that my password is incorrect. After a lot of troubleshooting, I finally replaced 4.2.1 with 4.1, and all is well again. The only difference is that 4.2.1 was auto-submitting the Username, while 4.1 does not… yet the login rules are identical.

Anyway, according to this thread, extension 4.2.1 indeed has some issues. I prefer to stick with 4.1 for the time being, but will be interested in the progress of others.

Cheers.

• Jasper
    Options

Sorry to hear about the trouble! You may wish to try saving a new login manually for US Bank using version 4.2.1 and see if that helps. :)

• 1Pfanatic
    1Pfanatic
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that straight away. No luck. Tried everything I can think of. Interestingly, using the login via Safari extension 4.2.1, I could not log in to US Bank with the Mac, iPhone or iPad. When I reverted to extension 4.1, the login works on all three. It's as though the new extension is adding a character, or otherwise providing the wrong information. To be clear, the password stored in the 1P login credentials field is correct, with no apparent extra characters.

I spoke with support by email. Their suggestion was to create two logins for the site, one for the Username and one for the Password. With respect, I don't think that's a suitable fix for me. I'll just stay with 4.1.0 until I can't for some reason.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @1Pfanatic. I'm sorry you couldn't get 1Password to cooperate with the US Bank site using the 4.2.1 extension, but am glad 4.1.0 still does.

I'd like to take a look at your email correspondence about this problem and haven't been able to find it. Can you send me a private message with the email address you contacted us with? Thanks!

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, 4.2.1 still doesn't work for me on BMO. In case it helps diagnose things, I've discovered that it's the first login page, with the card number, that's the problem. If I manually copy & paste the number, then submit, 1P can auto-fill and submit the password page.

Back to 4.1, for now, though.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional information, Karl. I'm sorry that the 4.2.1 extension didn't fix your problem with the BMO login.

I see that Chris from our support team responded to your email and we'd like to keep working with you there until this is resolved. I'll add your latest reply from here to the email ticket and mention it to Chris.

I'm also going to close this discussion now so we're not getting wires crossed between both places. :)

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to let you know that the just-released version of the extension works with a single login item for BMO.com. Thanks.

The one issue is that I had to delete all the extraneous fields from the Web Form Details, leaving only the Debit Card Number/FBC_Number and FBC_Password. Otherwise, 1P tries to fill everything in, causing BMO's js helpfully clear everything.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Karl,

Thanks so much for letting us know that the new extension update has BMO behaving properly for you - I'm so glad to hear that!

I'll mention to our developers that 1Password might be a bit overzealous in its' saving of the web form details though. :)

This discussion has been closed.