How do you install the script?

Options
FriendorFoe
FriendorFoe
Community Member

I have downloaded the script several times and tried to install but it is not working. I am double-clicking the installer app that appears from unzipping the file; Is this wrong? I can find no instructions...image

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FriendorFoe‌

I'm sorry that you're having trouble installing the Script here. Please try locating the script in your Downloads folder and right-clicking on it (instead of double-clicking). You'll still get an error message, but you should have an option to 'Continue.'

Please let me know if this helps!

• bstackhouse
    bstackhouse
    Community Member
    Options

I tried right-clicking and still get the same dialog with no 'continue' button. if I run the app from the command line the following messages appear.
    2014-05-29 18:54:50.871 Application Stub[11401:707] -[AMApplicationRegistry loadDefinitionAtURL:]: No application name for definition at URL file://localhost/Library/Automator/Office.definition/
    2014-05-29 18:54:50.872 Application Stub[11401:707] -[AMApplicationRegistry _loadDefinitionsAtURLS:]: Failed to load definition at URL file://localhost/Library/Automator/Office.definition/

• Commandor
    Commandor
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.
    Why don't you provide us simply a script file and tell us where to put it?

• Commandor
    Commandor
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I just opened the installer with automator, and deleted the action "Display notification".

Then it works. I guess the action "Display notification" is not available in Mountain Lion.

• billfrech
    billfrech
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue on the one Mac we have that still runs Mountain Lion. Although someone in another (Closed) thread stated that even though the error appears on Mountain Lion, the auto-submit works after running the script and reopening the browser. In my case it does not. At least not in either Firefox or Safari. The username and password populates, but does not submit. I do not have Chrome on the machine. Is there a workaround for this?

• tsinc
    tsinc
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Same as billfech. I run mountain lion and am having the same problem. I have loved the program up until now but I am a basic user and not really comfortable going into automator and deleting things. What exactly am I supposed to do to get script to work properly? Thanks

• FriendorFoe
    FriendorFoe
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to open the installer with Automator for the "delete Display Notification" but could not figure out how to do it. I then went to my Time Capsule backups and restored the "old" Chrome extension (I had to open the folders looking for the right one which I identified by version number). I then duplicated that folder to the desktop and made a couple of copies. You have to do this because Chrome will not see the "old" one. I then had to delete the "new" extension from Chrome, create a new folder in my home Library/Application Support/ which I called GoogI(capital i)e, which I labeled red, and created another folder there which I labeled "Old 1 Password Extension." You need to disable the auto-update feature by editing the manifest.json file, which I also labeled red, otherwise you end up with the new extension that doesn't work for auto-login. When you open the manifest file you need to edit the update url, I used "https://http://localhost/crx" so it will not auto-update." I then went to my Chrome browser and opened "chrome://extensions," checked the box for "Developer mode" which gave me the option to "Load unpacked extension" where you locate your "old" copy of the "4.1.1.90_0 folder" and hopefully that will open the page letting you know you have successfully installed the extension. It was a pretty involved process but I am enjoying the auto-logins again. When they solve the script issue, I will update my extension.

• stevenrombauts
    stevenrombauts
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that the issue is resolved on Mountain Lion as Commandor explained above. By opening up the Install1PasswordAutosubmit.app using Automator and deleting the "Display Notification" action it works again.

Run the nstall1PasswordAutosubmit.app file once (nothing visibly happens) and restart your browser. It should work then.

• FriendorFoe
    FriendorFoe
    Community Member
    Options

I did get Automator to work this morning. For those unfamiliar with Automator, like me, this is how it is done.

First, After you download the zip file, double-click on it to expose the "Install1PasswordAutosubmit.app."

Second, Open Automator from your Applications Folder.

Third, Under the "File" menu, use "Open" and search for the "Install1Password.app" you just unzipped. This will open the app in Automator's window.

Fourth, you will get a "pop-up" like box with a message similar to Display Notification failed, or similar. Mine was outlined in blue if I remember right. This is where I went wrong yesterday when I just clicked on the x in the corner. To successfully delete this, you need to go to the "Edit" menu and click on delete while the box is highlighted.

Fifth, you have to go back to the "Install1PasswordAutosubmit.app" and double-click it to run.

Sixth, I went to the "Application Scripts" folder in my Home Library and finally saw the script in the "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper" folder.

Seventh, I deleted the "Old" 1Password extension from Chrome and installed the new one. I went to one of my banking sites and confirmed that auto-submit worked.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bstackhouse, @Commandor, @billfrech, @tsinc, @FriendorFoe and @stevenrombauts,

I'm so sorry about the trouble here. The issue with the Auto-Submit script and Mountain Lion is a bit frustrating, but our developers are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

The good news, though, as some of you have already determined, is that this warning message does not mean that the script has failed. It simply means that the notification telling you that the script has succeeded has failed. If that makes any sense. ;) You shouldn't need to delete anything or do any fancy poking around inside your system. Just re-start your browser and 1Password should go back to submitting your Logins for you.

You can read a few more details about why this script is required here: Auto-submit not working in Mac App Store version of 1Password after 4.2 extension update.

If you are still having trouble with this, please do let me know and we'll investigate further.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Follow up for @billfrech‌

I'm sorry that you're still having difficulties. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• billfrech
    billfrech
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan. However, after following Commandor and FriendorFoe's posts above, I was able to get it working. Thank you and thanks to both of them for their postings.

• bstackhouse
    bstackhouse
    Community Member
    Options

ditto what billfrech said. i have it working now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billfrech‌ and @bstackhouse‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad the previous posts helped.

Again, you have my apologies for the complications here. If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help! :)

• Franzi
    Franzi
    Community Member
    Options

HI, i have followed precisely the process from FriendorFoe, checked that the script is there in the Application Scripts directort, reinstalled 4.2.1 extension for firefox 29.0.1, but my 1password icon in firefox is still grey, and doesn't do the auto-submit in a form. It does fill the login and password, but it doesn't submit....
    can you help ?
    it works on chrome...

thx
    Franz

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Franzi,

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.