and also 1password 3.8.22 for mac

Options
phddsv00
phddsv00
Community Member

2 questions. First is that for a few days (1password 3.8.22) I've been unable to login on the browser icon, in both firefox and safari. I have a red circle with a 1, and I get the error message "Extension database not available. Please press Command-Option-Q to restart your browser and discard invalid state." I did the restart as described, but don't know what the "invalid state" refers to. (I can login through the desktop icon.)

Yesterday I tried to install 1password 4 and the 2 did not merge. 4 has an empty vault, so says the browser icon when I tried to login)
So today I trashed what I could find of "4" to start over. I'm sure I couldn't find it all.

How do I start to straighten all this out?
( I stopped on the second computer, this morning when I saw that I was going to have trouble. At that computer, a window came up saying I'd need to uninstall "3". As I had to go to work, I left it on the screen to deal with tonight. That same message did not pop up here on my laptop at work.)

Starting with my laptop as described, what do I do first?
thank you

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phddsv00‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your system upgraded. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.