Import files greyed out. Please help!

Options
janeinsane
janeinsane
Community Member

Hi, I exported my 1Password settings on my old Mac, but can't figure out how to import it on my new one. I've read every hit on the first two pages of Google hits, and still no luck. I've tried renaming the files I exported, no joy. My conclusion so far is that 1Password 4 is not backwards compatible with 1Password 3, which I guess I had on my old laptop, but surely that can't be right!

Please see the attached screenshot. The file I exported on my old Mac had a .1pif extension.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not quite sure what is happening but have you tried copying over the keychain file from the old Mac to the new one and using that to import? The file you're looking for is something like 1Password.agilekeychain (that's what it's called in 1P4 and I don't think it was different in 1P3).

Stephen

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @janeinsane,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password set up on your new Mac.

@Stephen_C is right, it might be easier to locate the 1Password.agilekeychain file on your old Mac, as 1Password 4 will be able to read this directly. Do you still have access to the old Mac? If so, I'd love to see a Diagnostic Report from it, so that we can better advise you here.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.