Mixed version options?

sporkman
sporkman
Community Member

My current iStuff situation is a mess. I finally upgraded my main machine (MBP), and with that moved on from 10.6 to 10.9.

I still have a desktop on 10.6 (soon to be upgraded to 10.9), and my trusty iPhone 3gs is refusing to die, so I'm holding on to that. I'm currently on iOS5 on the 3gs.

Do I have any options to run 1Password on the 3gs? It appears the latest version requires iOS7, which isn't happening on that phone.

What's the compatibility situation in general between 1Password 3.x and 4.x?

Comments

• Hi @sporkman,

Do I have any options to run 1Password on the 3gs?

Do you currently own a copy of 1Password 3 for iOS? If so, you can download it from the purchased section of the App Store.

What's the compatibility situation in general between 1Password 3.x and 4.x?

Wifi sync to 1Password 3 for Mac is the only way to sync 1Password 3 for iOS. You can then use 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary between version 3 on iOS and version 4 on Mac. This means you'll open 1Password 3 for Mac to do a sync with the iOS app, then the changes will automatically sync between the two Mac versions.

• sporkman
    sporkman
    Community Member

I did not buy 1Password for the phone yet. When I go to the store, it is listed as an option, not sure if it would present me with the last compatible version though.

Am I correct that both 1Password 3 and 4 can be installed at the same time on the Mac and can share the same database?

This sounds like a workable solution - don't need my passwords on the go that often, so I wouldn't mind the manual sync process.

• I did not buy 1Password for the phone yet. When I go to the store, it is listed as an option, not sure if it would present me with the last compatible version though.

Unfortunately, 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer for sale. You need at least iOS 6 to get a version of 1Password 4.

Am I correct that both 1Password 3 and 4 can be installed at the same time on the Mac and can share the same database?

That's correct.

• sporkman
    sporkman
    Community Member

Is there any way for me to buy (but not install) the new version to get you guys your money and then "acquire" the old version. Phone is jailbroken.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014

Hi @sporkman,

Unfortunately, 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer available unless you've previously purchased the app. It was removed from the App Store, and we have no way of distributing it.

What you could do is use 1PasswordAnywhere in Mobile Safari on your iPhone — that will let you view your 1Password data. It won't be near the same experience as the app, but it's still a way to access your data.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

• sporkman
    sporkman
    Community Member

That looks like a pretty brilliant solution. I have a version 4 license, but did not upgrade yet, I'm hoping that resolves the issue I see below when opening the "1Password Anywhere" version on the phone. It loads, I can search, but it does not really seem to properly scale down enough on the phone screen for me to view any account info/passwords.

• It should be scaled correctly for your display, like this:

It may be a problem with Mobile Safari in iOS 5. Again, I'm very sorry we don't have a better answer for you.

This discussion has been closed.