New machine - existing 1P4

Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member

I'm getting a new Mac Pro with Mavericks at work next week.

Can I simply log into the MAS, install 1P4, turn on iCloud synching (Prefs); and this new (work) 1P4 installation will synch with my 1P iCloud data from home etc, won't it - even though the more recent data (that of this fresh installation, at work) is, presumably, an empty file! ?

Or should I copy my data from the existing installation into its equivalent place on my new machine locally; if so, where is that, please?

TIA!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mark,

Congratulations on the new computer! If you currently have your 1Password data stored in iCloud, it should be as simple as you say:

• Log into iCloud on your new computer with the same account that you use on your home computer, and be sure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled
    • Allow some time for iCloud to sync all of your data (you may want to sneak out and grab a coffee)
    • Download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from the Mac App Store

1Password should notice your data in iCloud and prompt you for your Master Password to unlock the keychain.

If you run into any snags in the process, please let me know, we're here to help! :)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan - it took a little longer than I expected; and I had to quit and relaunch 1P4 for it to be convinced that iCloud was enabled :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password took a bit of convincing to notice iCloud, but I'm so glad that you managed to get things sorted out! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.