Problems with 1P4 log-ins

fourwheelcycle
fourwheelcycle
Community Member

I just installed 1P4 for Mac as a trial. I have not purchased it yet.

It will sign me in to Gmail.

For Vanguard, which has my username of the first page and my password on a second page, 1P4 only saves my password. I have to type in my username and then click for the password page. 1P4 does not even show a Web form details line for my username. Same problem for TIAA CREF - 1P4 will save and apply my password, but not my username.

For the AgileBits forum 1P4 will open the Web page when I double click the log-in line, but it does not sign me in to the forum. My email and password are in the Web form details, but 1P4 does not apply them.

Is this in line other people's experience? So far I am not too impressed.

Also, I have not been able to find directions on how to store individual log-ins in separate categories or folders like Email, General, and Financial. If I stick with 1P4 I will need to keep log-ins in separate categories or folders just to find them.

Comments appreciated!

Comments

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member

Note: If I go to the AgileBits forum page myself, then click sign-in, then choose AgileBits under the Key icon, it will fill-in my gmail and password. I just will not sign me in if I double click the log-in in the main application window.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Have a look at this thread for help with the apparently rather tricky Vanguard login. Generally, see also this knowledge base article on creating multi-page logins.

Sometimes a more simple, one page login is problematic and the problem can be overcome by re-creating the login and saving it manually.

You can create folders or tags to help you find logins. Personally I use tags, although search is so efficient I seldom need to check tags now. If you need help with creating tags and folders just ask. But, for example, you can create a tag by typing the name of it when editing an item and it will be created automatically. You can add other items to that tag by dragging and dropping them on the tag name in the left pane.

I hope those tips help but do post back if you still have problems.

Stephen

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen. This is the second time on my first day that you have helped me!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Very glad to have helped.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.