File attachement issue: why I will not use 1password 4

Options
Neant
Neant
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Hello,

Been using 1password 3 for quite a while and I decided to give v4 a try. I have to say I'm extremely disappointed because:

-file attachement size's limitation is down from 20 mb to 5 mb. 20 mb was already weak. Since you cannot drop a folder into a note I have to zip folders containing folders and within those folders there are images (scans of papers). 5 mb make V4 absolutely worthless to me. I wish I could remove that limitation.

-I cannot grab multiple files at once. Let's say I have 20 files attached to a note, if I want to open them all I must click on them one by one or grab each file one by one and drop it on my desktop. Whereas with v3 I could grab multiple files at once. Thus, ergonomic has become horrendous.

I really hope you will correct those nagging issues, until then I will stay with V3.

Thanks

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

What is the advantage of attaching files the way you are doing? (I am interested to know if it might help my workflow.)

Thank you,

David

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder if Knox, another AgileBits product, would be better for securing large numbers and large sized attachments.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Neant,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here! @hawkmoth makes a good point here. AgileBits also makes a product called Knox. This product is much better suited to securing large groups of files. 1Password intentionally keeps file size down to ensure that you're not trying to sync an extremely large keychain to your mobile devices. Please let me know if you have any questions about Knox, we'd be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.