Latest beta (b18) stopped working, "Trial Expired" message [Beta 19 is now available]

AnthonyW88
AnthonyW88
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Android

I tried to open my 1 Password for Android Beta this morning and get the "This Version of 1 Password Has expired message. there are no options for continuing, updating the version etc.

I have tried to un-install, re-download and install, but as soon as 1 Password tries to sync with my Dropbox the same message reappears. The Beta version I have is dated 20140513 and was working very well last night.

Anyone know what is happening with the beta?

Comments

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513) still gives me the "trial expired" error.

• amitava_b
    amitava_b
    Community Member

Same issue here as well.Version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513) says "trial expired" and quits.

• AnthonyW88
    AnthonyW88
    Community Member

Same problem, just occurred this morning. Tried reinstalling but still get the same message.

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member

I just tried and it was fine for me.

• mort
    mort
    Community Member

Mine died as well this morning without offering a new beta version, which is somewhat sad und unexpected.

• bagng
    bagng
    Community Member

Same problem. I tried early version but all version said same.

• dongperez
    dongperez
    Community Member

I got the "trial expired" message too. I am using version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513)

• Hieronymusjb
    Hieronymusjb
    Community Member

I experience the same problem this morning. I use version 1Password 4 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513) (20)

• ignlg
    ignlg
    Community Member

Same here. I haven't found a workaround yet.

• mikeslich
    mikeslich
    Community Member

Same here - can't access my passwords this morning :-(

• mikeslich
    mikeslich
    Community Member

Same here.

• nobster
    nobster
    Community Member

Ditto. Sent an email to support but no response yet.

• nobster
    nobster
    Community Member

No access and no alternative. I am running v4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513))

• Sebastian Jabbusch
    Sebastian Jabbusch
    Community Member

I had the same problem. And its not bad, I want to buy the new version. But I cant. THATS bad !

• jahve
    jahve
    Community Member

I got the same unexpected trial expired message.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for the trouble with this. Indeed, beta 18, which is the latest available build, has expired. We expect to send our beta family an update later today, with more information and a new download link. Please hang in there while we work to get this resolved asap. Thanks for your patience! :)

• sangwookkun
    sangwookkun
    Community Member

Hooray! Thanks for the clarification. Good to hear that it will work again soon.

• falosmic
    falosmic
    Community Member

Same thing happened to me but glad to here a new beta is on the way soon.

• Polkaroo
    Polkaroo
    Community Member

Mark the expiry date on your calendars in red ink this time. :)

• Unfortunately, the calculation for the expiration date caused the beta to expire before 90 days. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Beta 19 is now available that resolves this issue, with additional bug fixes. Please launch 1Password 4 and wait a few seconds for the update window to appear. Thanks for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• _CH_
    _CH_
    Community Member

@saad thanks for the quick update and resolution!

• rkcmd
    rkcmd
    Community Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering... Where can I download the beta build 19? Thanks!

• DioCoN
    DioCoN
    Community Member

The trial expired popup is still displaying on my phone. I've tried waiting for an update (about ten minutes) window but nothing happens. Once I press ok the app closes.

Any suggestions? I've tried clearing the cache and data too.

• If you're unable to see the update window, you will need to install beta 19 using the APK. When you signed up for the beta from the link below, you should have received a follow up email with the download link. You can use the same download link to download the latest beta version of 1Password. If you didn't get a chance to sign up yet, please sign up and you'll receive an email with all the necessary instructions.

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• dhernan3
    dhernan3
    Community Member

Hi, I can not see the update, and in the Hockeyapp the version is the b18. When I click on the link of the mail to download the b19, it redirects me to a hockeyapp page that shows version unavailable.
    Can you help me?
    Regards

• t_mcswell
    t_mcswell
    Community Member

Same problem: when I click on the link of the mail to download the b19, hockeyapp says 'You are not a member or tester of any apps'.

• dhernan3
    dhernan3
    Community Member

When I open hockey app I can download the b18, but not the b18 for me the new version doesn't exist

• dhernan3
    dhernan3
    Community Member

Ok, I found that final version is on play store. So beta has ended I think. Not a problem then. I will buy premium version (I have also the ios and Mac versions buyer. I only hope the price not very expensive.

• mverde
    edited June 2014

While it is true that the pre-release beta has ended, the beta program will continue on. On Monday, we sent out a newsletter to our beta team to let you know that the first post-launch beta is now ready - 4.0.1b1.

As we mentioned in the newsletter, the beta version and the Google Play version of 1Password cannot co-exist on the same device, so you will need to choose which to install. If you would like to continue with the beta program, please follow the instructions in the newsletter in order to install it.

And as always, let us know if you have any additional questions!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@mverde‌ I did not receive that email. Could you please check that I'm on the list and resend the newsletter?

This discussion has been closed.