How to save the existing passwords in a file

Options
marchello
marchello
Community Member

How can we save the existing user name and passwords in a file so the that we can use to go back to if the 1Password failed to open?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marchello,

If you would like to export your password database, please use the File > Export option. You can then choose from .1pif (1Password's format for easy importing into a fresh copy of 1Password), .csv ('comma separated values' format), or .txt (plain text file) to save your passwords.

• marchello
    marchello
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, Megan! This was very helpful. So, to take advantage of the random password generator, is this a way of being able to manually login to a site if I cannot use the 1Password on a device or if the 1Password failed to open a site? I have the 1Password installed on my Mac, what do I need to use it on my iPhone and/or iPad too?

Regards,

Marchello

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marchello,

I would not recommend using this export for regularly filling in passwords, primarily because these exports are not encrypted: anyone who came across this document would have access to all of your passwords.

You might want to look into purchasing 1Password 4 for iOS. The mobile version of 1Password comes with a handy built-in browser to make filling your Logins in on websites easy. It's a universal app that will work great on all your iOS6+ compatible devices. You can find it in the the iOS App Store.

If you need read-only access to your passwords, 1PasswordAnywhere is a handy feature that is available to users who store their data in Dropbox.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.