Safari extension can't get to mini [moved to email]

Options
stblassitude
stblassitude
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I just upgraded to 4, and removed the old extensions and installed the new ones. Firefox and Chrome word just fine, but in Safari I only ever get to the Looking for the 1Password app screen. When I click retry, the mini menu opens and Finder is brought to the front, but that's all.

I've tried reinstalling the extension, I've removed all other extensions from Safari, to no avail. 10.9.3, Safari 7.0.4 (9537.76.4), German is my primary language, no proxies, no anti-virus software or similar.

Is there a way to see a log or any other additional information? Might there be a permissions problem?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @stblassitude,

So we can look into this, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• stblassitude
    stblassitude
    Community Member
    Options

Downloaded and ran the tool; first I tried "Repair Permissions" and "Repair Attributes", and then tried to install the Safari extension, but with the same result. Then I looked at the report, and noticed that version 3 for Firefox is supposedly installed. Weird. So I checked the version shown in Safari's Extensions preference pane: 3.9.20. Huh? Double checked the download: it downloaded a file 1Password-4.2.1.safariextz:
    $ shasum 1Password-4.2.1.safariextz
    f14fde23be6b7627e959cdfdfb246f234e82d5ea 1Password-4.2.1.safariextz
    $ md5 1Password-4.2.1.safariextz
    MD5 (1Password-4.2.1.safariextz) = b745e95f08a024b111c38e11986d4e18

Installed that again, and it says it's version 3.9.20.

Uninstalled and downloaded the beta version 4.2.2.b1, installed that, and that seems to work just fine.

I've mailed you the report with the wrong extension installed.

• stblassitude
    stblassitude
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, Firefox shows version 4.2.1 installed in the Add-ons Manager/Extensions pane.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

I see that Eva has responded to your email — we'll continue assisting you there so we aren't duplicating efforts. :)

This discussion has been closed.