Why does 1 Password require High Performance GPU?

Options
DanWright
DanWright
Community Member

The 1 Password and 1 Password Mini apps are both set to "Require High Perf GPU", and I really don't see any reason why they should. What this means is: Whenever I run 1 Password on my MacBook on battery mode, my Mac will not run in low energy mode. So, basically, 1 Password is eating up my battery power much faster than it should.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DanWright‌

We've just released an update to 1Password that should improve this behaviour. Please ensure that you are using version 4.4.1 and let me know if you're still seeing this issue!

• DanWright
    DanWright
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

Yes. Both 1Password Mini and 1Password 4 versions 4.4.1 are set to use high performance graphics. This is something your developers need to disable whenever they are building the software.

-Dan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @DanWright,

Oops! My apologies. I got my acronyms mixed up here. Version 4.4.1 fixes some issues related to CPU usage:

Fixed problem where sync could cause the 1Password mini to use a lot of CPU.

Fixed problem when 1Password was using a considerable amount CPU when locked.

From the Release Notes

The issue relating to the high performance GPU is still being investigate by our developers, and it is a tricky one. Every indicator so far has been that it is a bug in Apple's graphics drivers for certain Macs. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is affecting you, I'll mention to our developers that you're keen to see a fix as soon as possible!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AndrewParker‌

I'm glad to hear that you got 1Password updated to 4.4.1. The browser extension is actually developed separately, and 4.2.1 is the latest version available. :)

This discussion has been closed.