1Password login for Schwab not working [moved to email]

Options
BennK
BennK
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

iPassword 4.4; Schwab login direct works; 1Password does not. Checked info in 1Password profile and is correct. Across Safari/Firefox/Chrome.
Seems to be the handshake with Schwab login - said had similar case yesterday. So far, only site with that login fail.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BennK,

What happens when you save a new Login like this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• rhbenjamin
    rhbenjamin
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem this morning. The login for Schwab has been working (for two months) up until today. Here is what I have done so far to try to correct the problem:
    Deleted the Schwab entry in 1Password and reentered it,
    Cleared cookies,
    Closed and reopened Safari,
    and finally rebooted my computer.
    I can sign in manually just fine, but cannot through 1Password. I get a Schwab error message that says

Functionality temporarily unavailable.
    This functionality is currently unavailable. Please try again or go to Account Summary page. If you are continuing to have difficulty accessing this page or for immediate assistance please call 800-435-4000. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Schwab sees no problem with my account from their end and has no similar problems logged. Their URL is.....

https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx?&&lor=n

This is a major inconvenience for me as I use their site frequently and was one of the major reasons i bought 1Password
    I

• rhbenjamin
    rhbenjamin
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I bought the software several months ago and it has been working well up until today, including Schwab.com. I now cannot log into the Schwab.com website using 1Password. I can sign in manually just fine. When I do use 1Password I get an error message from the Schwab website that says.....

Functionality temporarily unavailable.
    This functionality is currently unavailable. Please try again or go to Account Summary page. If you are continuing to have difficulty accessing this page or for immediate assistance please call 800-435-4000. We apologize for the inconvenience._

Here is what I have done so far to try to correct the problem:

1. Deleted the Schwab entry in 1Password and reentered it,
    2. Cleared cookies,
    3. Closed and reopened Safari,
    4. Rebooted my computer.

I am using a MacPro running OSX version 10.9.3.

Schwab sees no problem with my account from their end and has no similar problems logged from other users. The URL of their login is.....

https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx?&&lor=n

This is a major inconvenience for me as I use their site frequently and the added security was one of the major reasons I bought 1Password.

• BennK
    BennK
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, thanks. But I still get exactly the behavior that rhbenjamin notes. Did everything rhbenjamin did as well. Same.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@rhbenjamin‌ I have merged your similar post with the existing discussion in order to keep all discussions about this problem in one thread.

Stephen

• chrisduke
    chrisduke
    Community Member
    Options

I also had this problem last night. My logins were failing on client.schwab.com, with the "functionality.." error. Schwab told be to log on at www.schwab.com. Which worked. I changed my bookmark, and updated 1P. All is now fine

• rhbenjamin
    rhbenjamin
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand why, but changing to www.schwab.com does work. Thanks for the tip, chrisduke.

• BennK
    BennK
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Did 1Password app update and rooted from www.schwab.com still does not work.

1) Updated app
    2) Restarted Safari
    3) sought login from www.schwab.com
    4) Typed in material
    5) did the save from the gear
    6) Clicked login and worked (from what I typed)
    7) logout
    8) used 1Password to login
    9) same functionality message :(

Just say'n

• chrisduke
    chrisduke
    Community Member
    Options

Don't use the pull down to login which is located at the top of the window towards the left, that still failed for me. Use the black login area to the right, which did work for me.

• BennK
    BennK
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Use the drop down on the Safari window or the drop down on the OS line (assume that is your "black login" reference. Both still fail for me.
    Rebooted. Reinstalled the browser extension (4.2.1) and tried on Firefox and Chrome. Still same - can log in direct, but no 1Password form gives other than "Functionality temporarily unavailable" message. I have 4.4.1 (441006) Mac App store version.
    1Password
    Version 4.4.1 (441006)
    Mac App Store

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Saving a new login manually creates a working login for me.

I'm testing it using this login page: https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx

Can anyone still having trouble please confirm that they've done that?

Also, it appears that Schwab has a maximum password length of 14 characters. Does everyone have a password that is 14 character or less?

• BennK
    BennK
    Community Member
    Options

I did a direct login - worked; Did a new manual 1P save; still did not work. This is the ONLY login I have problems with. PW is not 14 characters. Used your URL as well (JasperP)l. ---- Tried Firefox-same. Am running out of experiments. Caches? Cookies?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @BennK,

Sorry to hear about the continued trouble!

Could you please send us an email (include a link to this discussion) so we can look into this further: support+forum@agilebits.com

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email, @BennK. Thanks for sending that in. Someone from our email support team will respond as soon as they can with more help to get your issue resolved.

• Arkay
    Arkay
    Community Member
    Options

Using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 on Mac OS X 10.9.3. Changing to <www.schwab.com> as the log in address cured the auto fill issue. Now works flawlessly and repeatably. Do not have to click "Log In" button.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Arkay,

Thanks for mentioning how changing the website field (URL) of your Login item got it to successfully fill and submit with the Schwab site, like what also worked for @chrisduke and @rhbenjamin. I'll make sure our email support with @BennK includes that suggestion.

• BennK
    BennK
    Community Member
    Options

OK OK OK - Tried on Chrome with (www.schwab.com) and 1Pv4 worked. NOT on the login page direct.
    Then I logged out and tried to login from 1P and got the old message.
    Have call scheduled in 25 min so will review. - DOES work from "www.schwab.com" page, but not the login page.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BennK,

Thanks for the followup. I'll add that information to the support ticket. Since you're working directly with our email support team I'm going to close this discussion now we'll continue to help you through email and your upcoming call. I hope that goes well! :)

This discussion has been closed.