Login regression using Safari extension

Options
ag1pwun
ag1pwun
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

The password is no longer accepted on the second page of a two-page login. The username still works okay and 1P can be used to fill and submit the username on the initial page. Web site: www.ibsnetaccess.com (FIA Card Services). This used to work fine - worked yesterday, not today. Not sure when the extension was (automatically) updated. Copying and pasting password manually works fine. I can email the password page source code if required.

1P Mac 4.4
Safari Extension 4.2.1
OS X 10.9.3
Web form data:
Username: the_username
Password: the_password

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ag1pwun‌

Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please let me know if this gets things behaving for you!

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Megan,
    As I mentioned, this is a two-page login, where the first page requests a username and the second page presents a security image and requests the password. It's the second page/password that's now not working. So I'm not able to enter both the username and password on the same page and then save them as a new login as per your instructions. Am I missing something?

Password markup snippet from password page:

<form id="pwd_form.id" name="pwd_form.name" action="verifyCustAdditionalInfo.action" method="POST" AUTOCOMPLETE="off">
        <fieldset>
            <legend>Password Information</legend>
            <div class="field">
                <label id="passcode_label" for="passcode_id">Password<sup>*</sup></label>

<input type="password" name="password" id="password" value="" maxlength="32">

<input type="hidden" name="validatePassword" value="y"/>
            </div>
        </fieldset>

Regards,
    Steve

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Steve ( @ag1pwun‌ ),

My apologies, I missed the two-page part of your original post.

There are two different ways that multi-page Logins can be handled.

Our support article here (How to create multi-page Logins) recommends using a separate entry for each page. In this case, you would save the username as a Login, and then the password on the second page as a separate Login. Manually saving these should help 1Password re-learn the fields in case the website has recently made some changes to its code.

However, for many multiple page Logins, 1Password can handle filling from a single Login. You can find instructions for how to set this up here: 1Password and Bank of America. Although this is specifically for one website, it has been proven to work for many other sites as well.

Since it is your password that seems to be acting up, please look at your existing item's webform details and confirm that your password in the field there is correct and doesn't have any extra characters.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you're still having difficulties, and we'll investigate further.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the follow-up. Following the instructions for the B of A (creating/saving a new login using the extension) did the trick. The only thing different from the B of A thread is that clicking on the website or selecting Open and Fill also does the submit on the first (username) page. That works, then selecting the login item (or ⌘\) for the second page now works.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Steve ( @ag1pwun‌ )

Thanks so much for letting me know that the Bank of America instructions helped to get things sorted out for you! We're here to help if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.